Monday, August 23, 2010

Film Diary 2 Cool Hand Luke




60s' classic. Typical anti-establishment hero. The film makes me think of McMurphy in One FLew Over the Kuckoon. A man who does not follow the unreasonable rule, and struggled for freedom.

Paul Newman is handsome in this film. I think off-screen, he is also handsome. A good guy.

"What we've got is failure to communicate." No.11 of the AFI's 100 movie quotes.

I need to watch this film more closely, esp. should find a version with English subtitle.

I normally doesn't like such type of film. But this one catches my attention. I think it has rich film languages, the camera movement, the Montague techniques, and the acting are good. The first half of the story is a big hard for me to follow, esp. when my listening comprehension is paralyzed in face of the narration and dialogue in the film. Even so, the film is attractive and worth going back some time.

No comments: